29 May 2008

Did you tithe?

One day, a young man walked into Pastor's office with sour face.

"Pastor, why I'm so poor?" asked the young man.

"Did you tithe?" said the Pastor.

"No. I have my wife and three children to take care of. My salary now is only RM600, it's not enough to support my family. How can I tithe?" the young man answered.

"That is why... because you didn't tithe. Let's see what God says about tithing," said Pastor, "Malachi 3:8-10

8 “ Will a man rob God?
Yet you have robbed Me!
But you say,

‘ In what way have we robbed You?’
In tithes and offerings.
9 You are cursed with a curse,
For you have robbed Me,
Even this whole nation.
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the LORD of hosts,

“ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.

When you don't tithe, it's as if your pocket has a hole. The money will be gone no matter how hard you're trying to keep it. Let me make this clear, you're asked to tithe is not because God needs your money but you have to do your part."

"Hmmm...okay, I'll try," said the young man.

Six months later...

The young man came back to Pastor.

"Pastor, thanks for teaching me the lesson of tithing. I tithe faithfully and now God blessed me with a job which the salary is triple what I had," joyfully the young man shared with Pastor.






So...did you tithe?